As one of the largest auto insurers in the country, Allstate offers a range of coverage options for drivers of all ages and experience levels. Its variety of coverage policies, benefits, and discounts provide new drivers, in particular, the protection needed to stay safe.
Drivewise Safe Driving Program
Allstate Drivewise is a usage-based car insurance program that allows drivers to access potential discounts (up to 40 percent) on their auto insurance rates based on their driving behaviors. With Drivewise, customers plug a small device into their car’s diagnostic port, which tracks driving data such as speed, acceleration, phone use, amount of daylight versus night driving hours, and mileage. The app uses this data to calculate a driving score, which determines how much drivers can save on their premiums.3
Drivewise is especially helpful for teens who are learning how to drive because the app tracks driving habits and data that parents can monitor through the Drivewise app. See if your teen is really adhering to the parent-teen contract you signed!
Additional Safeguards for Drivers
Besides the typical auto insurance coverages, drivers in Delaware can opt to add the following extra insurance coverages with Allstate:
- Ride for Hire: Ride for Hire, or rideshare coverage, reduces out-of-pocket expenses related to accidents that your ridesharing company’s insurance does not cover.
- Roadside coverage: Allstate’s roadside protection plans offer assistance and coverage for towing, tire changes, jump starts, lockouts, and fuel delivery. Roadside assistance is particularly beneficial for protecting teen drivers, who are less experienced at driving and more likely to make driving errors and get into crashes. You can choose between the following plans:
|Allstate roadside membership plan
|First-year annual price
|First-year monthly price
|Renewal annual price
|Renewal monthly price
|Jump starts, fuel delivery, lockout service, tire changes
||Up to 10 miles or $150
||Up to 100 miles or $250
|Maximum number of rescues per year
|Road hazard reimbursement for tires and wheels per year
||Two events, up to $100 each
||Two events, up to $250 each
First-Rate Customer Service
As of 2022, Allstate scored 832 out of 1,000 in J.D. Power’s overall customer satisfaction ratings across the mid-Atlantic states. As of April 2023, Allstate’s BBB rating is an A+, despite its below-average customer review rating of 1.09 out of five stars. It’s important to keep in mind that most insurance companies receive similarly low customer ratings because many people only visit the page to file complaints.
Allstate has local agents throughout Delaware, reflecting the company’s commitment to providing efficient, personalized customer support. Contact your local Allstate agent directly or seek support through the following channels:
- Phone: Customer service number at 800-726-6033
- Mobile app:
- iOS: Rated 4.8 out of five stars
- Android: Rated 3.9 out of five stars
- Live chat: 24/7 live chat through www.allstate.com