In addition to providing a special discount for driving a new car, Allstate offers robust coverage options that make it a good choice for any Subaru model. The company has an A+ rating for financial strength from AM Best, meaning you can count on Allstate’s ability to pay for claims.3
A Subaru is often a good choice for a new-car purchase. Kelley Blue Book named the 2023 Subaru Crosstrek as one of the best new subcompact SUVs and the 2023 Subaru Outback as one of the best new midsize SUVs.4
If you own a new Subaru or plan to purchase one, Allstate offers a discount. To qualify, you must meet the following criteria:
- Your Subaru is the current model year or one year prior.
- You are the first owner of the Subaru.
Additionally, safety features that come standard with new Subarus, like anti-theft technology and anti-lock brakes, will earn you a discount.
Multiple Ways to Earn a Student Discount
Allstate makes it easier than other providers to earn a student discount, which can lower your bill when you add a young driver to your policy. Allstate offers a 20 percent student discount for young drivers who fulfill any of the following:
- Full-time student who maintains at least a B-minus average, which is equivalent to a 2.7 GPA
- Full-time student who attends school at least 100 miles away and who drives at home only on breaks
- Student who completes the TeenSMART driver education program (full-time-student status is not required)
To apply for the discount, drivers must be under 25 years old and unmarried.
Due to their all-wheel drive, height, and other capabilities, Subarus are popular among outdoor enthusiasts. The towing capacity of Subarus makes them a great choice for campers. The Subaru Forester offers up to 1,500 pounds of towing capacity, while the Outback can pull up to 2,700 pounds. Subaru’s largest SUV, the Ascent, can tow up to 5,000 pounds.5
If you use your Subaru to tow a camper, an RV, or another type of motor home, Allstate offers coverage. You can purchase insurance for the following types of towable RVs:
- Conventional travel trailers
- Fifth-wheel travel trailers
- Folding camper trailers
- Horse trailers with sleeping quarters
- Travel trailers with expandable ends
- Truck campers
Additionally, Allstate offers coverage for motorized RVs, which are built on automotive frames and don’t need towing.