With dozens of agents and representatives who have been in Vegas for decades, Allstate has established itself as one of the city’s largest providers. With Allstate, you get reliable coverage at an affordable rate that fits the needs of most drivers. Whether you’re a teen, new driver, homeowner, or RV owner, Allstate will probably have the tools to fulfill your insurance needs.
Great for Bundling
Allstate has some great bundling options, which include the largest homeowners insurance bundling discount on our list (up to 25 percent). If you’re among the 54 percent of homeowners in Las Vegas, we highly recommend asking an agent about how much you can save by bundling home and auto insurance with Allstate.3 Not only will bundling cut down on your premium, but it can also make it easier to manage your insurance. By bundling your insurance into a single policy, you should find it easier to file a claim, ask your agent questions, review your policy, and find documents.
Here are all of Allstate’s bundling options:
- Home and auto insurance bundle (25 percent off)
- Renters and auto insurance bundle (ask your agent about discount amount)
- Renters and motorcycle insurance bundle
Allstate offers a long list of coverage options, including full coverage, car insurance add-ons, and insurance for other types of vehicles. Although Nevada requires only liability coverage (bodily injury and property damage coverage), we recommend you sign up for full coverage and tack on as many additional coverage options as you need. Here’s a list of some of Allstate’s coverage options and add-ons:
- Liability coverage: Liability coverage is required in most states and includes bodily injury and property damage coverage. Bodily injury covers the cost of when someone else is injured in an accident and you are responsible for the accident. Property damage, similar to bodily injury, covers the costs of repairs for the other driver’s vehicle/property when you are at fault.
- Collision: Collision insurance covers your vehicle when it’s damaged in an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
- Comprehensive: Comprehensive coverage, also known as “other-than-collision” coverage, offers protection from damages or losses not involving an accident with another driver, such as theft, roadkill, vandalism, and natural disasters.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: If you get into an accident with someone who has low limits or no insurance and they’re at fault, uninsured motorist coverage will help pay for your losses. Ten percent of Nevada’s drivers on the road are uninsured, so we definitely recommend adding uninsured motorist coverage to your plan if you can afford it.4
- Mexico coverage: If you plan on traveling to Mexico, Allstate has partnerships with providers south of the border to insure you on your trip.
- Personal injury protection (PIP): Personal injury protection will help cover your medical expenses and lost wages for you and your passengers if you get into an accident.
- Roadside assistance: Roadside assistance starts at $8 per month, providing you with 24/7 roadside assistance for towing, lockouts, jump-starts, and refueling.
- Personal umbrella policy: Umbrella insurance provides you with additional coverage in situations where your other insurance can’t cover all the costs. Think of it as an extra layer of protection if you get into an unusually costly or severe accident.
- Rental reimbursement: If you need a rental car after a covered accident, Allstate will help pay for your costs.
Did You Know?
While we recommend adding as much coverage as you need and can afford, you need only the following limits to drive legally in Las Vegas: $25,000 for bodily injury per person, $50,000 for bodily injury per accident, and $20,000 in property damage per accident.5
Seamless Mobile App
Allstate offers a simple, sleek, and user-friendly app that’s easy to navigate. Within minutes of creating our account, we were able to view our policy, pay bills, file claims, and access our digital IDs. On top of that, you’ll have easy access to other features, like roadside assistance and Allstate’s safe driving tool, Drivewise.
The app has a rating of 3.9 out of 5 on Google Play and a 4.8 rating on the App Store.