As America’s largest insurer, State Farm is a reliable choice for insuring all types of vehicles, including Porsches. The company’s balance of availability, flexibility, discounts, and customer service make it the best overall option for insuring your Porsche.
Components of Porsche Coverage
State Farm provides best-in-class insurance coverage for luxury vehicles. You can construct your own coverage, with the following recommended for Porsche owners:
- Liability insurance: Nearly every state requires minimum liability coverage to cover property damage and medical expenses for others after an accident where you are at fault. You’ll want to purchase much higher than state minimum limits if you have enough assets to own a Porsche.
- Comprehensive and collision insurance: Collision and comprehensive coverage pay for damage to your Porsche. Collision covers damage from an at-fault accident, while comprehensive covers damage from natural disasters, theft, or other non-collision incidents like vandalism. You’ll want to purchase high limits for your Porsche since it is so expensive to fix or replace. In fact, for a 2020 911 Coupe, repairs cost an average of $6,701, with an additional $8,858 in maintenance fees.1
- Uninsured motorist coverage: This coverage protects your vehicle and injuries if the other driver in an accident doesn’t have enough insurance to cover your losses. Uninsured motorist property damage coverage, in particular, is crucial for Porsche owners, since you can’t count on other drivers having sufficient coverage for your valuable car.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) and/or medical payment coverage: These coverages cover medical bills for you and your passengers, no matter who is at fault. Every car owner should purchase this coverage.
- Towing and roadside assistance: When your Porsche needs towing, jumpstarts, or a locksmith, State Farm ensures you will get the support you need.
State Farm’s baseline sports car insurance should meet the needs of most Porsche owners.
Save Based on Driving Habits
Your Porsche probably isn’t the only car you own. If that’s the case, you may put fewer miles on it, unlocking potential discounts. Tracking your driving and being smart about the way you drive can help you save big on your State Farm premiums.
The average car owner in the United States drives 13,476 miles per year, according to the Federal Highway Administration.2 That’s 37 miles a day!
If you drive significantly less than that, you’ll qualify for up to a 30 percent discount on your auto insurance through State Farm. If you drive your Porsche only occasionally, you should sign up for Drive Safe & Save. Here’s how it works:
- Download the Drive Safe & Save app.
- Enroll in the program through the app.
- Wait to receive a Bluetooth beacon from State Farm.
- Install the Bluetooth beacon in your Porsche.
- Track your driving for two weeks.
- State Farm will provide you a discount on your premium based on your driving habits.3
Not only can you save based on miles driven, but also based on your driving habits like speed and acceleration. State Farm calculates your discount based on new data at each policy renewal. Note that this discount is not available in the state of California.
Safety Features Discount
Car insurance for a Porsche is expensive, but State Farm saves you money by discounting your premiums based on features your vehicle already has.
Newer Porsches like the Porsche 911, the Porsche Panamera, and the Porsche Cayenne come with modern safety features that reduce both the likelihood and the severity of accidents, including the following:
- Stability control: This feature kicks in if the car loses traction.
- Lane Keep Assist: This system alerts you if the car drifts out of its lane.
- Porsche Side Impact Protection System (POSIP): These are curtain airbags on the sides of the car.
- Porsche Active Safe (PAS): This feature warns you if you are approaching a dangerous obstacle that may cause a collision.4
These features help protect you and the people you care about. Not only are safety features smart to have in the event of an accident, but they can also help you save on your State Farm average cost of insurance. Report all the safety features of your Porsche and you’ll earn a safe vehicle discount.
The discount applies to after-market safety add-ons such as anti-theft devices and adaptive headlights as well as original equipment. Learn more about how to lower your insurance premium.