At Esurance, we offer a streamlined, high-tech auto insurance experience from beginning to end. Customers can initiate the quotes process online, qualify for discounts, sign up for auto insurance, and submit claims without ever having to make a phone call.
In addition to car insurance, we offer products for motorcycles, homes, rentals, pets and much more. Auto insurance, our focus, is available in 43 states, and our technology takes much of the hassle out of finding insurance and making claims. In fact, we were one of the first companies to use online quotes, and we’ve been offering car insurance online since 1998. Our parent company, Allstate, acquired us in 2011. Allstate has more than 80 years of experience in the insurance business, and we at Esurance operate independently for the most part.
Our reps provide 24/7 claims handling. On average, it takes 10 days or less to settle a claim, although we offer a photo claims process for minor accidents that can get your claim paid in less a day
You can file and manage your claim through your computer or smartphone (via our app). Another option is to contact a rep via phone. We also have a list of recommended E-star repair shops, although you can go to any repair shop you like. You can get status updates from an E-star repair shop while your car is being worked on, and the work is guaranteed. Another nice thing we offer is roadside assistance. You’re able to keep track of your tow truck’s progress as it makes its way to you.
Allstate has an A+ financial rating from A.M. Best. The company has the financial strength to pay out a large number of claims, as evidenced by its long history of reliability. At Esurance, we underwrite our own auto policies.
Discounts and Savings
Customers have many ways to save on their car insurance with Esurance. To get a discount, your options include the following:
- Bundle more than one policy such as home and auto insurance or auto and motorcycle insurance
- Insure more than one vehicle with Esurance
- Switch to Esurance from another insurer
- Drive a car with safety features such as anti-theft devices and antilock brakes
- Join DriveSense for usage-based discounts
- Start your quote online
- Pay premiums upfront instead of monthly
- Have at least five years of driving experience, go at least five years without making claims and avoid having a DWI/DUI record
- Own your home or condo, or have a spouse who does
- Rent an apartment, house or condo
- Obtain roadside assistance from another provider such as AAA
- Drive safely
- Meet criteria such as a 3.0 GPA or higher for the good student discount
- Take a DMV-approved defensive driver course
Not every discount is available in all the states where we offer auto insurance, and the criteria for some discounts varies depending on age and other factors. Check the list on this page for more information on whether you may qualify for a discount.
We focus on empowering customers. To that end, our customer service process strives to keep long wait times to a minimum. You can, of course, contact one of our reps via email or phone. However, our customers appreciate the ability to get things done quickly with technology for online quotes, photo claims and other processes. Otherwise, you can reach customer service in the following ways:
- Postal mail
Website and Contact Information
To contact us, just visit our website or call 1-800-378-7262 (6 a.m. to 12 a.m. CT, seven days a week).