Towing and Rental Reimbursement Coverage
Towing and rental coverage from GAINSCO pays for towing charges and a rental car when your vehicle is getting a repair. This coverage will reimburse you for up to $40 per day and $1,200 per occurrence for related expenses.
An SR-22 form is an official document proving you meet the minimum car insurance in your state. Not all insurers will accept drivers who need SR-22 coverage.
You may need an SR-22 if any of the following is true:
- You had a license suspension.
- You had a conviction for driving with an expired license.
- You were found at fault in a car accident while driving without insurance.
- You had multiple violations within a short time frame, such as more than three tickets in a six-month period.
GAINSCO’s auto insurance rates are lower than other nonstandard insurers, generally. If you’re high-risk and need an SR-22, you can call GAINSCO’s customer service to speak with an agent who will help you complete the application process. Filing fees will vary by state.
If you want to purchase your policy with GAINSCO and live in Florida or Virginia, you may be required to file an FR-44. An FR-44 certificate provides similar proof of coverage to an SR-22, but certain states require an FR-44 for more severe violations such as a DUI or DWI.
Excellent Financial Strength
Since State Farm acquired GAINSCO in 2020, this company’s AM Best rating rose from a B+ (good) to an A- (excellent).1 As America’s largest property and casualty insurance provider, State Farm solidifies GAINSCO’s financial backing with its century-long insurance experience and nationwide market base.2
Monitoring your insurance provider’s financial strength rating is essential because it conveys the company’s ability to pay out your claims. If you suffer an injury or loss due to an accident, you want to be able to depend on your insurance company to repay those coverages.
With GAINSCO, you can add coverage for the following equipment:
- Safety equipment: This includes glass, plastic, and headlight materials.
- Custom and additional equipment: This could include custom paint, custom wheels, phone equipment, stereo/sound equipment, video equipment, and navigation/GPS.
Custom and additional equipment coverage protects up to $2,500 of replacement and repair costs. However, you must present photos and receipts for the damages before coverage can apply.