The General auto insurance has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).1 Customers give the company a rating of 4.68 out of five stars in the reviews section. It’s no surprise customers love The General with its user-friendly and fast online service.
The General has a mobile app you can use that includes the following conveniences:
- Make a payment: The mobile app makes it easy to pay your bill from anywhere at any time.
- Manage your policy: View your latest policy information and manage your plan preferences with the touch of a screen.
- Submit a claim: You can turn in a claim through the mobile app.
- Digital proof of insurance: You no longer have to worry if you don’t have physical proof of insurance on you; through the app, you can pull up your policy digitally.
- Fast quote access: Considering changing your plan? The mobile app offers quick quote access to show you different policy options.2
24/7 Claims Service
Since accidents can happen at any time, it’s essential for auto insurance companies to let you file a claim during nontraditional hours.3 In the unfortunate case you are in an accident, The General has 24/7 claims service so that you can start the claims process immediately. You can file a claim through the following ways:
- Through the mobile app
- Via phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 800-280-1466.
If you have any questions or need to send documentation for your claim, email Claims@thegeneral.com, fax 800-544-9021, or send mail to:
- Claims Department Information
- 6000 American Parkway
- Madison, WI 53783-0001
Include your claim number on all documentation or correspondence.
Affordable Insurance Options for High-Risk Drivers
Suppose you have traffic violations or accidents on your driving record. In that case, auto insurance companies will consider you high risk.
If you have received more than three speeding tickets or violations in the past five years, anticipate higher rates. In some states, having even one speeding ticket on your record can raise your rates. Many auto insurance companies offer policies at a higher cost for drivers with a bad driving record, making it even more difficult for these drivers to get affordable auto coverage.
The General offers low down payments and various coverage options for those with a less-than-perfect driving record. The company takes pride in catering to the needs of drivers that other auto insurance companies may have turned down.
Drivers with serious driving violations, such as a DUI or DWI, leaving the scene of an accident that resulted in injury or death, having a suspended or revoked license, and other severe violations, may be required by law to have an SR-22 certificate. An SR-22 shows proof to the DMV that you have at least the minimum liability insurance coverage the law requires. This requirement usually lasts for several years.
Many car insurance agencies would rather not deal with complicated cases like revoked licenses, DUIs, or DWIs, and do not offer SR-22 certificates. However, The General welcomes drivers with various driving backgrounds and offers SR-22 certification.