With over 91 million customers and over 100 years in business, State Farm is the largest provider on our list. In Arkansas, you can reach out to hundreds of State Farm agents across nearly 100 cities and towns. You can also benefit from some of the cheapest rates in the country, especially if you’re a safe driver.
Discounts for Safe Drivers
State Farm has a long list of discounts for several types of drivers, many of which apply to safe drivers. Safe driving discounts can be especially helpful in Arkansas, where accident rates tend to be higher and have gotten worse since 2019 (we’ll take a closer look at those numbers below). If you want to improve your driving habits, or even if you are a safe driver already, you can try one of the following State Farm discounts or programs:
- Drive Safe & Save: Drive Safe & Save is a tracking program that records your driving habits, scores you on how safely (or unsafely) you’re driving, and calculates either a premium deduction or an increase. You get a discount just for signing up, and you can earn up to 30 percent off based on your performance.
- Good driver discount: New to State Farm? You can receive a discount if you don’t have any at-fault accidents or moving violations within your first three years as a State Farm customer.
- Steer Clear driver program: Steer Clear is a safety program for drivers under the age of 25. Here’s what you need to be eligible for the 15 percent discount:
- A valid driver’s license
- No at-fault accidents or moving violations in the past three years
- A certification of program completion from Steer Clear
- Defensive driving course discount: State Farm has a network of safety courses in every state. Complete one and you can earn a discount on your premium.
- Vehicle safety discount: You can qualify for this discount by equipping your vehicle with modern safety features such as electronic stability controls, forward collision warnings, and adaptive headlights.
Between 2016 and 2020, Arkansas’s Highway Safety Program exceeded many of its target safety numbers, with an annual average of 551 fatalities, 134 of which involved speeding and 64 of which involved drivers ages 20 or younger.
Classic Car Coverage
State Farm is our top pick for the best classic car insurance providers in the country. Not every insurance provider offers classic car coverage because classic cars require a specialized valuation process that isn’t necessary for normal cars. Because the value of a classic car increases over time, instead of depreciating, you and your State Farm agent have to agree to a valuation for the vehicle.
State Farm employs a fair insurance payout process that takes into account any modifications you’ve made to your classic car. Because classic car owners make modifications to their vehicles often, they want to know that their insurer will cover those modifications, not just the original parts of the vehicle.
Excellent Rideshare Coverage
If you drive for a rideshare company (Uber, Lyft, etc.), you’re going to need rideshare coverage. Not all providers offer rideshare insurance, but with State Farm, you can easily integrate rideshare coverage into your plan.
Rideshare insurance fills in the gaps between your personal insurance and your Transportation Network Company (TNC) insurance. When your TNC insurance is unable to provide coverage for you, like when you’re waiting to be matched with your next passenger, your rideshare insurance will kick in. State Farm will also match coverage between your personal and rideshare policies, so you’ll have the same limits and deductibles for rideshare that you do for your personal plan.