USAA works exclusively with U.S. Armed Forces service members, families, and veterans. If you’re an active-duty military member or veteran, USAA provides lower-than-average car insurance rates for flexible and specialized coverage options. While not ranked officially, the company has a consistently high customer satisfaction score from J.D. Power.
Savings for Active-Duty Military Members
If you live in New Mexico but you’re deployed or storing your insured car for any other reason, USAA will give you up to 60 percent off your premium. Plus, USAA offers a usage-based discount, which means you’ll pay less if you live on base and don’t drive your car that much.
Additionally, USAA has a garaging discount, so parking your car in a garage on a military installation will reduce your comprehensive coverage premium by 15 percent if you live on a military base.
Other Ways to Save With USAA
USAA offers the following programs and discounts that apply to all drivers, military or not, on your policy:
- USAA SafePilot: SafePilot is USAA’s optional safe driving program. It uses telematics to track your driving habits through your smartphone and save you up to 30 percent on your premium.
- Safe driving: USAA’s safe driver discount kicks in after five years if you maintain a good driving record. You can also get a discount for completing an approved defensive driving or basic driver training course.
- Multi-vehicle: This discount applies when you extend coverage to two or more vehicles.
- Bundling: Adding auto insurance to your property insurance policy will save you up to 10 percent on your total premium.
- Good student: If your student driver maintains good grades, you can get a discount on your car insurance premium.
- New car: If your vehicle is less than three years old, USAA offers a discount on your auto insurance.
- Anti-theft technology: If you have an anti-theft device installed, you’ll get a discount.
Insurance for Everywhere
If your home base is New Mexico but you’re stationed elsewhere, your USAA auto insurance will travel with you. USAA offers auto insurance in all 50 states; Washington, D.C.; U.S. territories; and select international locations including:
- South Korea
- United Kingdom