Do you have a history of DUIs, at-fault accidents, or traffic citations? If so, Direct Auto might be the choice for you.
Direct Auto offers affordable auto insurance for high-risk drivers. You can get minimum liability, full coverage, and a few add-ons to your plan. If you’re having a hard time getting insurance from other providers, Direct Auto might be the choice for you.
SR-22s aren’t required in Delaware, Kentucky, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania.
Made for High-Risk Drivers
Direct Auto is one of the few providers that caters to individuals with a history of accidents, DUIs, traffic citations, and other driving violations that would deter most insurance providers. Although Direct Auto is the most expensive provider on our list at $2,487 annually, its rates are competitive when you compare them to other insurance providers for high-risk drivers, which are more expensive in general.
For many high-risk drivers, minimum liability might be the only affordable option available to you. Direct Auto will work with you directly to find a coverage plan that works, whether you’re looking for minimum liability or something more.
One of the ways Direct Auto keeps car insurance rates relatively low for drivers with histories of violations or accidents is through its discounts. With Direct Auto, you can lower your insurance rates with the following discounts:
- Save up to 25 percent off if you’re an active military service member.
- If you’ve been accident-free for three years with Direct Auto, you can save up to 10 percent.
- If you maintain a B average as a high school or college student, you can get up to 10 percent off your insurance.
- If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a 5 percent senior discount.
- You can get up to 25 percent off through a multi-vehicle discount.
- If you renew your policy within 10 days of expiration, you can get 20 percent off your plan.
Flexible Payment Options
Direct Auto understands how difficult it is to afford car insurance with a history of accidents and violations. That’s why it gives you the opportunity to customize your auto insurance payment options.
With Direct Auto, you can choose payment dates that fit your schedule, plan your payment schedule and recurring payments to fit your budget/spending ability, and decide how you want to pay: online, over the phone, or in person. Regardless of your financial situation, Direct Auto will work closely with you to find a plan that works for your liability insurance.