There’s more to GEICO than a gecko mascot, funny commercials, and an iconic slogan. GEICO offers military personnel some of the lowest prices in the country ($1,194 on average annually) and a long list of military discounts. If you’re on a budget and you want a trusted and reliable provider with some attractive offerings, GEICO might be for you.
There’s a reason why GEICO covers over 28 million vehicles as an insurance provider. GEICO is available in every state and district in the U.S., and it has great car insurance rates for new drivers, older adults, military members, veterans, and others.
Its web accessibility policy guarantees that it’ll provide you with the information you need if you can’t find the information online or have trouble reading its documents or web pages for any reason. GEICO’s affordable auto insurance rates, wide geographic range, and commitment to providing you with the information you need make it one of the most accessible insurance providers in the country.
Long List of Discounts
On top of providing some of the cheapest rates in the country, GEICO has a long list of discounts that means you can save a ton on your insurance. Here are some of its most appealing discounts for military members:
- 15 percent off for active-duty or retired members of the military, National Guard, or Reserves
- Up to 25 percent off for military members who are part of an emergency deployment
- Up to 12 percent off for all active or retired federal employees (eagle discount)
- Up to 15 percent for students with a 3.0 GPA
- Up to 23 percent if you have a built-in anti-theft system in your car to prevent car burglary
- 22 percent off with the five-year accident-free good driver discount
- 23 percent off airbag discount
- 15 percent off new vehicle discount
Military Resources and Perks
Aside from a long list of regular discounts to benefit from, you might be eligible for some of GEICO’s military perks and resources. GEICO’s Military Center is staffed with U.S. veterans from all services and has been providing military auto insurance for over 85 years. Its program has a dedicated support team catered to military members and veterans, custom military insurance and ID cards, a fast and convenient military pay plan, and more.
On top of that, you can get info on deployment, overseas insurance, military pay charts through GEICO’s brochures and online military resources.