GEICO insures 17 million drivers in the U.S. Both low and high-risk drivers find affordable rates at GEICO. The company has the lowest average rate of all four companies we analyzed. GEICO’s online quote portal does not require a Social Security number, but you must enter your email address to receive your quote.
Car Insurance Coverage Calculator
Use GEICO’s car insurance coverage calculator to get the right level of protection for your auto insurance policy. You only need to answer the following seven questions to get an estimate:
- Marital status
- Age (younger or older than 25)
- Preference (lowest cost, low cost, good protection, or best protection)
- Car ownership (own/lease/finance with an auto loan)
- Vehicle value ($5,00 or less, between $5,000 and $40,000, or more than $40,000)
- Estimated time spent in your vehicle (a lot, average, or very little)
While you will not receive a comprehensive cost breakdown, GEICO’s coverage calculator provides suggestions for the best fit for collision, comprehensive, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, property damage liability, and bodily injury liability coverage limits. To shop for auto insurance at GEICO, you will need your driver’s license number, vehicle identification number, and the physical address where you store your vehicle.
Getting a Quote
Are you ready to move forward? Get a customized car insurance quote on GEICO’s website with a few personal details. GEICO’s online quote form took five minutes to fill out. See below the information we needed to input in order to get a car insurance quote online:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- First and last name
- For each driver: Marital status, homeownership status, auto insurance status, driving history, education level, employment status, job title, and prior auto incidents
- For each vehicle: Year, make, model, type, ownership status, type of use (commuting, pleasure or commercial), and average annual mileage
- Phone number
- Zip code
GEICO’s rate calculator searches for registration records based on your address, which may save you some time if your car is listed under your information.
As part of its online quote submission process, GEICO requests the following information regarding your eligibility for its auto insurance discounts.
- Organizational affiliations: Membership in alumni associations, Berkshire Hathaway Affiliates, business and professional groups, educational, colleges and universities, fraternities, sororities and honor groups, military and federal groups, recreational groups like clubs, golf associations, and magazine subscriptions
- Anti-theft devices: Passive devices like automatic locking doors, and active devices like kill switch systems that shut down cars’ electrical systems when they’re activated
- Government or military affiliations
GEICO also offers safe driving and bundling discounts. Its safe driving discount requires the completion of a defensive driving course. GEICO’s good driver discount will reduce your premium by 22 percent if you are accident-free for five years.